Sling Media, an EchoStar company, is seeking a top-notch, highly technical Product Manager to join our team in Foster City, CA to participate in the development of cutting-edge live streaming products to be delivered to our retail customers.
As a Product Manager, you will be responsible for driving, defining and delivering Sling's innovative technologies into Sling Media's retail product line. You will interact directly with our Sales, Marketing, Business Development and Creative Design teams to understand the market requirements and innovate to meet those requirements. You will also be working with other Product Managers, Engineering, Senior Management, as well as QA and Beta groups to deliver market leading products into our customers' hands.
- Define features and roadmap for socially driven mobile and streaming video products. Take into consideration competitive market and product landscape, user needs and wants, customer support data, internal Sling objectives and roadmap, technical feasibility, costs, timing, etc. Develop PRDs and define priority of product requirements.
- Collaborate with respective Product Managers (e.g. firmware, web, mobile, back-end services) and UX team in developing new features and ensuring appropriate support in product ecosystem.
- Collaborate with Engineering Leads to develop project milestones and drive development and testing progress against milestones.
- Drive launch, marketing, and customer support activities by working with beta testing team, Marketing, and Customer Experience teams.
- Work with Marketing and Sales to develop product/ feature positioning and related sales/ marketing activities.
- Help evangelize our products by working with Marketing/ PR and interacting with the press as well as representing Sling at industry events.
- Continuously use business feedback and tracking data to track progress and refine requirements based on key business objectives.
The successful candidate will be:
- A "product person" at heart and passionate about building great new products
- Someone with start-up DNA, a can-do mentality, and second-nature of doing "a lot with a little"
- A results-oriented achiever who can execute
- An ego-free team player with a roll-up-the-sleeves, do-whatever-it-takes-to-get-it-done-right attitude
- Exceptionally smart, self-motivated, highly dedicated to excellence, and will always strive to go above and beyond in his/her work
- Someone who can be self-directed and can "take the ball and run with it"
- Someone who sees the big picture while delivering with excellence on the details that matter
- A dynamic, motivated, resourceful, and results-oriented creative thinker and problem solver
- Positive in attitude with a great sense of humor
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or related field required; graduate degree/MBA preferred.
- 3 years of Product Management experience.
- 2 years of experience with mobile, web or streaming applications.
- Ideal candidate will have experiences in social media, video, and TV-based hardware and software products, and in integrating multiple 3rd party services.
- Proven and consistent track record of driving multi-disciplined teams and launching products. Ideal candidate would have experience driving products within a complex ecosystem with interdependent hardware, software, as well as back-end components.
- Demonstrated expertise in managing both technical and business aspects of a retail product or product line.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, be it discussing detailed specs with technical teams, or communicating product decisions and roadmap to Senior Management.
- Proven ability to work effectively and efficiently within a diverse, geographically-distributed, and multicultural environment and with teams across all functions and management levels. Ideal candidate will have experience driving agile prototyping and development efforts.
- Proven ability to thrive under pressure, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and execute effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with video-over-IP is highly desirable.