Social Media/Public Relations Manager
This position is responsible for planning, executing and managing all Sling Media public relations and social media activities on a worldwide basis. This role reports to the Director of Corporate Marketing. The role will work closely with Sling Media's senior executive team, Customer Experience, Channel Marketing and Web management functions. This role will also intersect and coordinate its activities with its counterparts at EchoStar, Sling Media's parent company that is based in Englewood, Colorado. This role will also provide public relations and social media support for Sling Media's trade show events (such as CES), as well as product roadshows.
- Responsible for all Sling Media outbound and inbound communications.
- Manage press relationships as they relate to Slingbox products in the U.S. and worldwide, both directly and in conjunction with Sling Media's PR agency.
- Strategize and execute every facet of Slingbox social media presence, including day-to-day account maintenance and both organic and paid campaigns on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
- Conduct post-mortem and ROI analysis of social media programs
- Write and edit official company blog, posting at least twice a week.
- Act as customer relationship liaison by social media, phone, email, etc.
- Act as company spokesperson in company videos and at trade shows
- Focus on Sling Media's retail products here in the U.S in addition to communications strategies and executions in Canada, EMEA, Central and South America as well as Southeast Asia
- Messaging of Sling Media's product line, value proposition to consumers and its overall strategy/mission
- Plot public relations strategy for our OEM/Licensing business with partners (e.g. DISH and ARRIS)
- Help support the company's social media strategy across various Sling Media platforms
- Have excellent technical skills with consumer technology that facilitates enthusiastic demonstration of Sling Media products to the media and parties outside Sling Media
- Results-oriented management of Sling Media's relationship with its marketing and public relations agencies
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications or equivalent
- 4 years hands-on experience working with social media presence
- 5 years of experience in a consumer technology-oriented public relations agency or an established technology company in the marketing communications/public relations function
- Background in the consumer electronics/telecommunications industry is desired
- Broad "rolodex" of media contacts with accompanying strong relationships in the technology space, particularly in the San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York markets
- Strong communications and writing skills
- Must be flexible, innovative, and have the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage inter-departmental and cross functional efforts
- Requires a strong work ethic, attention to detail and excellent people skills
- Familiarity with Slingbox products as well as current events in TV and sports worlds
- Strong technical aptitude and excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills are essential